C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Under The Sea

I got Becky's Under the Sea card today for our Tiny Pages Art Exchange....so all the cards are now with their new owners.

Becky used alcohol inks on yupo paper....which created a very oceany effect.   

The fish stickers work perfectly! Well done  Becky!     
 

I even got a little alcohol snippet to play with.

Brenda's starfish card went to Tracie.....and I love this yellow and teal color scheme.


Tracie's cute fish card went to Becky....and this is what she wrote in the text with the photos: The background is 2 shades of metallic watercolor (in the little travel packet you sent me) pressed under Saran Wrap. Fish are cut out watercolor embellished with a glitter pen Brenda gifted to me. And the tiny pages book is from Becky! Best art friends ever.


My card went to Brenda. I was going for abstract ocean layers...and I started with stitching lines.

I thought it was a great theme to play with watercolor and soap bubbles...and I had moderate success.

The stitching lines lended themselves to a quote for the back with some watercolor accents.

"The ocean stirs the heart and bring eternal joy to the soul." R. Wylan

This week we keep our cards...and the theme is fruit. We are going to do one more round....giving ourselves a little more time this round. That will take us to mid November...then we'll likely take a break around the holiday season then shift gears.

4 comments:

  1. The Under the Sea art is fabulous! My eye is especially drawn to the alcohol inks on yupo, and I love how you did the back of your card—love the message, the stitching, and your masterful spacing of the quotation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for cheering us on Dotty! Yes...the alcohol inks are incredible!

      Delete
  2. Following this has just been so delightful! I had never heard of yupo paper so I had to look for it. Oh, I know that word "yupo" will be in my head all day as it is just so fun to say! Also- I didn't know there was metallic watercolor- so many things to learn!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....I like saying yupo too! Thanks for finding "delight" in our art exchange Kathy! And.....for taking the time to comment here!

      Delete