C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, September 20, 2024

Just Do It!

This is the first day in a while that I didn't have and event or appointment on my calendar. I'm lucky to have a full and wonderful life......but it was also nice to have a free day to tackle some of the things that have been on my mind. It was a "just do it" kind of day....and I did several things!

This last week was a keeper week in our Tiny Pages Art Exchange....and I was the last one to get my card done. An idea has been in my head...and I finally sat down today and just did it. The theme this week was fruit.  

Speaking of fruit...is this fruit? It's the seed pod/berries of a dogwood tree in our neighborhood.  I've always loved these beautiful bumpy beauties!

I knew I wanted to create a bowl of cherries...and this is the quick little card I came up with this afternoon. I used catalog images and gel prints for the cherries...and I cut the bowl out of a cyanotype I did with a stencil. There are areas in the cherries that should have had a little more contrast.....but it's done!

The back is a little lackluster...but it's also done...and that's what matters today!

Becky created this incredibly detailed raspberry.  She makes a drink for me when I visit using crushed raspberries....so this takes me right back to that! And I LOVE her background shading. 

And the back is great...or should I say grape!

Brenda filled her tiny page with these sweet little blueberries. I love the variation and that she left a few of them white.

And Tracie's card is soft and pretty orange slices and the background is perfect!  Fruit week ✔  We have a few weeks to do our next one....and theme is "changing seasons."

No comments:

Post a Comment