C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Weeds

"Joy comes to us in ordinary moments. We risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary." Brene Brown

Some weeds are a nuisance and can be invasive....others can be beautiful and interesting in the right context.

This is my new favorite pressed weed for cyanotype printing. I love how airy it is and how it radiates out from the middle. I learned that it's called purge...and it is invasive.

It what was printed on the back of this teabag...

just enough white to compliment the prints coming through from the front. 

I only had this one piece....so I went on weed hunt this afternoon...and found something similar nestled in the pool landscaping rock...I'm pressing it in my atlas. 

I think this might be prostrate knotweed....doesn't that just sound like a weed? It has the same airy stems and tiny leaves....we'll see how it dries.....and whether it prints beautifully in the right context.

1 comment:

  1. I'm amused reading this post as I think of many conversations between my hubby Dave and 17 yo granddaughter Caroline—Dave sees weeds; Caroline does not! I see much beauty in the purge you picked : )

    ReplyDelete