C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 9, 2024

A Thing

I've been getting into the "flow" as I practice flat washes and play with color mixing for Wendy's Watercolor for Relaxation class. 

I started this page with simple flat wash circles....but it needed more.  So I layered on a few more washes. It's not perfect...but it's perfectly imperfect.

I covered up an unsightly blob with a pop of batik fabric...and I think it's going to become a thing

I'm starting small and subtle...but I have a feeling the fabric/watercolor combo may become more of a thing as the class goes on. 

There's now a little fabric swatch on this page....

...and this one...because it's a joyful puttering thing now!

5 comments:

  1. I SOOO enjoy your joyful puttering, and I SOOO identify with your pleasure in this fabric/watercolor Thing. If I were at your house right now, I'd be right there in the thick of finding fabric matches and staying up WAY past my bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I SOOOO enjoy your enthusiasm! And have been up way past my bedtime lately!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go! Discovering - exploring - creating. Looks wonderful. I’ve already decided that my next Willa class will be lettering. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! That's a great course....I highly recommend it. I need to keep working on my lettering...it doesn't come naturally for me.

      Delete