C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Not New

Paul's sister Alyson took these photos after their last snowfall in Denver. 

The delicate edge of the fluffy snow took my breath away.

I was flipping through my art journal and was reminded that the watercolor and fabric combo is not new. I fused fabric on both pages of this spread.

And Philippa's quote caught my attention too.....I spent more time absorbing inspiration and information than actual doing today. Some days are like that.

And yes...there are so many ideas tucked safely in my head!
That's not new either!


On days like this....I'm glad I have a puzzle going.  It's a 1000 pieces and they're on the larger side so It's going to take up most of my puzzle table. 

I'm doing the top layer before I finish the border.... then I'll move it up and tuck it under my lamp. 
I don't often do scene puzzles....but this one from Patsy has lots of color! I'm just starting all the houses...they're going to be fun. 

3 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, thank you for this moment of evening zen. You offer generous inspiration and information, and the opportunity to absorb, with breathtaking snow and your captivating handwork/art as icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! Your comments often read as poetry...you do have a way with words!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your kind words about my words : )

      Delete