C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Pause

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche

I know I'm a broken record....but this was the view down the street as Paul and I headed out on on our morning.  The sky was on fire...and it was breathtaking!
I had my regular Thursday visit with Margie today....and per usual I walked by a white spruce loaded with pine cones. Today I took the time to pause to look closely.

  I'm never disappointed when I do.


And speaking of "pause".....this post from Flow Magazine made me smile.

One thing not many people know about me is when it's too cold to walk outside...I sometimes dance.  I have several videos with different funky routines and I dance all over the condo.  

So sometimes I pause...and sometimes I dance danse.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for pausing.

    When your pauses turn to danse, do you move to actual videos, or are there links to which you could direct me online? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pausing is one of my favorite things. Paul and I refer to our daily 4:00 happy hour as a pause. We shut off out phones and pause to connect. There are so many ways to pause!

      I actually subscribe to a online program called Body Groove. Every year I wonder if I should let it go...but I use it...so I keep it. There's a big variety of things to choose from and the structure and guidance are good for me. I'm sure there are free things on youtube....or other places online....but for now this is what I'm doing.

      Delete
  2. We need the names of the funky videos -- sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See the details in my response above...but I subscribe to an online program called Body Groove.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE it! Sometimes I do a little dancing on my daily walk. It reminds you to relax, not care what others are thinking, and just enjoy the day you’ve been given. And I agree- I’d love know what you are listening to.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that makes me smile! I never thought about dancing on my walk....but I think I better behind closed doors!. But I'll think about adding a few moves! See my response to Dotty....but I subscribe to Body Groove online.

      Delete