C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Pushing and Pulling

What do a bubble wand, a snowman cookie cutter, a little blue hand, a Lewiston Strong charm, and a piece of frayed cording have in common?  

They're all winter found objects from our morning walks.

Today was a pushing papers and pulling the vacuum cleaner kind of day.  Some days are like that.

 
The pushing and pulling made me think of this classic Far Side cartoon.

Some days are like this too!
Then when I went out to get the mail late this afternoon....I was smitten with the winter sun. 

The clouds were thickening up....but not so much so the sun was couldn't shine through. There's just nothing like the winter sun.

I tried to photograph the lacy edges of the ice along my walkway.....with no success.  

But I broke off a little piece to admire the delicate details and texture. 

The sun...and the ice was like a sigh at the end of a pushing and pulling kind of day!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite: the delicate wafer thin ice amoeba with its view-finder opening : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....exactly! I want that to roll off my tongue now every time I see one!

      Delete