C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 5, 2024

Other Things

There are some of the other things on my joy radar that haven't made it into a post...until now.

I finished this crazy color explosion of a puzzle. It was only 300 pieces so the pieces were chunky and easy to handle...and I enjoyed every minute. 

The vibrancy of the colors reminds me of this recent gelli plate printing session.

And it may not be a color explosion...

but Margie's amaryllis certainly has a bloom explosion  These are bloom 5 and 6...and the last of this freak gift of nature.  

Watching it has been a joy!

It's been chilly...but the warmth of the afternoon sun has been slowly melting the snow....which means icy edges and sculptures.  

Once I start looking...it's hard to stop.

The edge of this one against the tree trunk was amazing...and the photo doesn't do it justice.

And these two little sculptures just made me smile. 
Oh...the joy of other things.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, I'm loving all these Other Things!

    You've captured perfectly the way I feel about amaryllis plants—magnificent [freak] gift of nature.

    I think of you often when I take my predawn walk and notice the little roadside snow sculptures that emerge as the gradual melting and shape shifting take place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are just packed with so many other wonderful things.

      I do think we're on the same page with the amaryllis....and those fabulous little ice sculptures that emerge this time of year. It's all about paying attention...and appreciating the little things.

      Delete