C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Leap Day

2024 is a Leap Year....and today is often referred to as Leap Day. I spent a few minutes looking up a few fun facts:

  • Leap Year was introduced by Julius Caesar.
  • It takes 365.2422 days for the Earth to revolve around the sun each year.
  • Without a Leap Day the calendar would be off by about 24 days every 100 years.
  • There are 1,440 extra minutes in a Leap Year
  • The summer olympics are always held during a Leap Year.
  • More than 4 million people around the world are born on Leap Day, February 29th and are called leaplings.
I hope you enjoyed your Leap Day....I spent some of mine taking a nap. 

I got down close to a frozen puddle to look for patterns.....and this particular icey bloom was quite beautiful.  It looks like the edges of a snowflake.....

.....or the bloom of wet watercolor.  This particular watercolor is an unusual combination I've been experimenting with that I'll share it sometime soon.  

Happy Leap Day!

2 comments:

  1. My sister Joany is 20 months younger than I. I am 73. She turned 18 today. Even better, in her upcoming tenure as an 18-year-old, each of her 3 grandchildren will get the chance to share a year of being the same age as their grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun is that!!! Thanks for sharing this fun leapling story! I love it!

      Delete