C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 11, 2024

All The Colors!

This quote made me chuckle when it showed up on my screen....but just for the record it's not really how I feel.

"Did you know that 'Dammit I'm Mad' spelled backwards is 'Dammit I'm Mad'?"

But if I'm being honest....I might have thought dammit in my head a few times as I got into the deep corners of my studio closet.  I'm trying to make room for some of my son's precious things that need to be stored in a climate controlled environment....so some of my stuff has to go!  But I wasn't thinking dammit in an I'm mad kind of way....but dammit...it's about time way!  It's going to be a process. 

I found some prefused pinstripe fabric in the closet that seemed to be the perfect addition to this painted page I started a few days ago....

...and it may propel me forward on this one. 

Thanks Sam!


I love that this stripe is a gradient from light to dark....and has ALL the colors.

You know how I love all the colors!

The evening sky was a beautiful color.....accenting a sliver of moon!

2 comments:

  1. Hot dammit, MaryAnn! What a find that pre-fused pinstripe fabric is, and your use of it in the painted page you have in progress is brilliant! It provides perfect stepping stones for moving through/around/across the stream of watercolor color swatches.

    And, oh, that beautiful evening sky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always know just what to day Dotty! Thank you! The fabric seemed to be a perfect fit to this page.

      Delete