C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 16, 2024

Patience

"Patience is not the ability to wait, but how you act while you're waiting."  Joyce Meyer

I mixed up a denim blue color I liked....and painted circles until the paint was gone.  I was trying to practice the kissing technique where one shape bleeds into the next. 

I think I had too much water and not enough pigment in my wash so there wasn't a lot of kissing going on. Even the value differences were not as pronounced once it dried.    

I'll keep practicing....next time with a few different colors. I find painting circles and patterns quite relaxing. 
And even though it didn't dry like I had hoped... I might have saved it by adding fabric.

I auditioned several contrasting colors....but the tone on tone denim blue was the winner for this one! And maybe....this is better than too much kissing! 

I think this is my version of acting in a positive way while practicing patience with painting skills.

I think I'll be playing with the mix of watercolor and fabric for a while....it's still most definitely a thing! And I actually see one pretty juicy kiss there near the bottom!

4 comments:

  1. Denim blue—great color! I'm having a sudden flashback to first year in college, in New London, CT, in the late 60's, and the thrill of being able to buy bona fide bell bottom blue jeans and the Navy surplus stores. Like wow, man!

    High marks for finding your way through learning curves with creative patience. Watercolor and fabric? Definitely a thing, definitely a thoroughly fantastic thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun connection story Dotty. I do remember bell bottom blue jeans...and it's kind of fun that they're back in style again!

      Thanks for the thumbs up on my fabric thing. Much more to come!

      Delete
  2. Just so fun- and an excellent quote to ponder. Perfect denim color, by the way, and the batik looks like it was made for your kisses.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! It's fun when such simple shapes and the perfect color can produce such interesting results.

      Delete