C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 26, 2024

"What If You Fly"

 "There is freedom waiting for you on the breezes of the sky, and you ask 'What if I fall?' 

Oh but my darling, what if you fly?"  Erin Hanson

The breezes of the sky were just lovely this morning.
These were two of Alyson's recent photos from this past week...each on a different day. We continue to share a photo or two almost every evening of something that caught our eye. There is nothing like the bright blue of the Colorado sky.   


I'm not going to point out the trouble spots....

I'm just going to say.....oh my darling, I feel like I'm flying!

I put the 5th and final layer on my negative space painting today....and I'm pretty tickled with it.

Layers 1 and 2


layer 3


layer 4


layer 5

8 comments:

  1. You are FLYING, MaryAnn! Your five-layer negative space painting is stunning! I just keep feasting my eyes …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty. I appreciate such a glowing response!

      Delete
  2. This is awesomely beautiful, MaryAnn. You may just prompt me to try it. The layers and layers and shades of each color are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! I'm really glad you like it! And I hope you DO try it!

      Delete
  3. Lovely!!! Love the depth you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....I really appreciate the feedback. The technique does most of the work for you....you just have to follow the line.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love how it turned out. The colors and layers just draw you in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! It was really fun watching it unfold! I will most certainly be trying the technique again.

      Delete