C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Imagine

I fell in love with this little guy along our walking route.

I could just imagine the little boy or girl rolling the snowballs and stacking them up in delight.  Then hunting for just the right sticks for arms and maybe a few rocks for eyes. 

It's been a couple weeks since our last snowstorm....but he's still standing even though the temperatures has been up and down.  He's looking a little slim....but he's strong and happy....and I'm going to keep an eye on him.

It's not quite what I imagined in my head...but this is how I chose to start practicing bleeds and blooms for the Watercolor for Relaxation course. 

It was so pretty when it was wet.....but many areas just evened out as they dried. 

This is where I left it last night.

And this is where I ended up today. The idea of of adding the batik floral stem came in the middle of the night...and I think it's interesting! I think I'll cover the two leaves on the lower left with the same fabric...they're a little out of step with the rest.


  I still like this painting....and other versions of it are running through my head.

I'm often busy working on something while I'm watching/listening to art video lessons for the first time.  Then I go back and look at pieces and parts a little closer. 

Late this afternoon I did just that and I realized now how I could have gotten better results. So I think I'll go back and actually do the lesson as suggested so I can get a better handle on blooms and bleeds. 

I had a wonderful Zoom chat this morning with Susan, an artist friend from Scotland.  

We met because of a connection with Izzy Moore's classes and Susan now keeps track of me through this blog and I keep track of her through Instagram.  She has become quite a master at making handmade books and her recent Fodder School affirmation cards are wonderful! https://www.instagram.com/susan.masson/

We talked about all things art....and joy....and it was a delight!

More on our backstory and connections here in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2022/03/connected-by-cake.html

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Didn't know I was going to connect vicariously with Scotland today! What fun you and Susan had!

    Your bleeds and blooms spread is stunning, MaryAnn, with its range of heights, shapes, colors, and textures; its compositional cohesion; and its touch of batik. I'm so grateful for your sharing as you journey through the class you're taking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good visit! I have been blessed to have become acquainted with so many interesting artists....all over the world.

      Thanks for the vote of confidence on the piece! I do like it....but it was a little better in my head....so I'll keep playing. I am enjoying the course and I'm learning and relearning skills. But I'm also taking my own path....and going places I think I need to go. And all of it is bringing me joy.

      Delete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you are creating something fun fun fun.

    ReplyDelete