C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 18, 2024

An Ounce of Fusing Fun

Every time I see this quote on Pinterest....it makes me chuckle. Too true sometimes!

How many times have we invested in all the supplies for a new hobby or craft only to find out that it might not be for us. I know I have!
I have been playing with fusible fabric for a long time. I've done large wall quits....small greeting cards...and everything in between including most recently embellishing my Watercolor for Relaxation projects.

Fusible webbing is versatile...and there are so many applications in art and quilting. Once the fusible webbing is on the back of the fabric (or even paper)....all you have to do is cut out your shape and iron it on.  No gluing necessary.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea...but if you want to play around with it before investing time and money....then maybe you would like An Ounce of Fusing Fun!

I have started a new "page" along the sidebar of my actual blog called "Your Joyful Puttering." Unlike blog posts...these sidebar pages are static...and always there.  All the details for the Ounce of Fusing Fun are there and this is where I'll be posting any artful things I have to offer.

If you are reading this by email, you will have to link to the blog itself to get to the Your Joyful Puttering sidebar page: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/  Or you can click the title of the post in the email....or the "read on" note at the bottom of the email to get to the blog site. 

Can't find it?  Questions?  Email me at joyfulputtering@gmail.com

If you want to get closer look at my fusing projects you can click on the label "fabric fusing" along the side of the blog.  There are dozens and dozens of project posts and in several of those posts I've shared my process in great detail.  

Here are a just few of the many pieces I've done with fused fabric over the years.  

A JOY banner I made for Hancock Church when Paul retired. It hangs in a niche going up the central stairwell.

I fused random pieces of batik fabrics arranged in rainbow order. When I held it to the light...it's easy to see the overlap of the fabric pieces. The JOY is black hand dyed fabric fused onto the piece.

Once the fabric was fused...I topstitched for interest and texture.


You can see the banner at the top...and another fused banner I made with Joan there at the bottom.  


This was a stained glass look commission I did for my friends Amy and Lisle in Lexington.

Again...I used batik fabric with hand dyed black trees.

I did  whole year long series projects for Folt Bolt based on their monthly color scheme...and every piece I used fusible fabric. 

All 12 project under the Folt Bolt label along the side of the blog.        

 
I've done a lots and lots of small stuff too.  Cards for our art exchanges...

and I even covered a box top for my sister Nancy.

So if you have interest in An Ounce of Fabric Fun...hop on over to the blog to the Your Joyful Puttering sidebar page and have a look.  You can alway contact me directly at joyfulputtering@gmail.com.  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Jumping for joy here! MaryAnn, your work delights me over and over and over again. AND, I will be placing an order soon for An Ounce of Fusing Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I had a good time looking back through my posts about my fusing projects. There is so many ways to use fusible fabric!

      Delete