C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Cut It Up

We always start our walks looping around the cul de sac at the end of our street....gives us time to appreciate the morning light.

It was one of those sunrises when there was a hint of color in every direction.


As I continue to sift through all things paper in my studio...I'm coming across more things that I can cup up and share....and others that might be good heart material. I found this collage....and to be honest it's pretty bad....so why not cut it up.

I like the colors well enough...I wanted to see what I could do with it.  I drew ten hearts on the back...and just let them land where they landed.  

The colors and composition on some of them were a pleasant surprise....

and I liked them just the way they were.

And others needed a little something.

Just a few white leafy sprigs on this one was just enough.  Knowing when to stop is not my strength...but I'm stopping on this one.
And I'm not sure I love this one....but the idea worked well.  And since my goal is to experiment...and share ideas....then it's a win!  I found this tissue paper with some black permanent pen doodles. 

I snipped off a piece and added it to the heart with medium.  The nice thing about tissue is that the edges just disappear so it looks drawn onto the heart. I added just a touch of white paint to finish it off.

I might play around with some of the others too....
just to see how I can improve upon them.
  

This was the view down the street when we were finishing our walk...
we do love the morning light.

2 comments:

  1. Your experiments are such a delight to watch unfold. My own experimenting today, not so much! But you give me hope, and shine light on the glories of the day. The paper heart art that emerged from what felt to you like a 'pretty bad' page of collage … wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I do love experimenting....and these hearts are proving to be a good place to do that! Some are disasters....but that's part of the process too!

      Delete