C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 4, 2024

A Start

Our morning walks continue to be a great way to start the day.  I will admit that sometimes I'm a little grumpy hesitant when it's cold and dark...but it's always worth it once I'm out.

The sunrise was particularly beautiful yesterday....one of those mornings with 360 degree color.  

I spent some time paying a little more attention to some of the interesting things along the way.

Every season has its gifts.


I was quite taken with these wabi-sabi rose hips....still a bit of color and certainly lots of texture.  But it was actually the thorns that I loved the most when I looked more closely at the photos.  They remind me of barbed wire around the pasture on the farm.



This seed head caught my eye...looks a little otherworldly.


And here's another one of those attempts to capture the large frost blooms on the car window...and I got so much more.


I've mentioned before that Philippa Stanton is the one who helped learn to pay attention...and appreciate the colors and textures around me....

and I'm excited to have another one of her puzzles on my table. 
I think this 1000 piece one is going to be a challenge...I'll just take my time.
  

The edge pieces are sorted and I have 6 box tops of pieces....it's a start.

4 comments:

  1. 1. Those thorns are NOT to be messed with!
    2. What a BEAUTIFUL puzzle image : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thorn is to be messed with...and YES the puzzle image is beautiful but I think it's really going to be a challenge. Have a great day Dotty!

      Delete
  2. That other-worldly seed head looked like a very fancy fascinator someone might wear to a gala or wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I knew if felt fancy...but that's a good thought.

      Delete