C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, January 8, 2024

It Was Time

What a difference a day makes.  

The sky was blue and snow glistened in the sun.  


All of a sudden I knew it was time for the tree to come down. Epiphany was a few days ago...the 12th day of Christmas and the official end to the Christmas Season. So actually I was pretty much right on time.

Paul warned me to be on the lookout when I took it down.  Betty had been in hiding for weeks... and she was nowhere in sight. Seriously....I'd been looking...especially as I was putting Christmas things away. But with the hint....there she was....hanging out deep in the tree. 

I didn't see her when I took the ornaments off....she was tucked in down low. I'm not even sure I would have seen her when I put the tree away if Paul hadn't given me a hint. 

But Betty is finally found...and she may take a break for the rest of the winter. 

I have to give Paul some credit....he took the time to make his own little hook out of a twist tie so Betty could hang in the tree. This is as close to crafty as he gets.   
Speaking of trees....I got a lovely handmade card from Roseanne....the photograph doesn't capture the sparkle.

Roseanne also gifted me these extra set of pan pastels...and I've been playing around with them on the gelli plate.  I hope to have something to share in the next few days....it just feels good to play.

  

Sunsets in the woods are pretty with the snow!
It was time for snow!


3 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, eager to learn about pan pastels—about which I know nothing—via your playing around … when IT IS TIME : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always- beautiful pictures! And so happy Betty has been discovered :)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! And yes....good to have Betty out of hiding again!

      Delete