C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Noticing

I saw this quote on Instagram several days ago....and it reminded me that noticing goes beyond what's beautiful and interesting about the things around us. It's also important to notice things about the people around us....and respond accordingly.

"I love the art of noticing. Someone noticing your favorite snack, noticing the way your face lights up when you get excited about something, noticing the way you react when you don't like something." Perfect Sayings

We have a fresh 5 inches of  fresh snow on the ground here in Portland...but I didn't get out in it at all.  That's not like me....this day just disappeared!  

But Alyson sent me this incredible photo of her fresh snow in Denver a couple days ago....and I love everything about this little pile of fluffy flakes. I'm noticing that she's a great noticer!  

Our evening photo swap continues to be a source of joy for me.

Making progress on the puzzle....and I'm not even minding all the browns.

2 comments:

  1. Noticings from today:
    • my irritability at the difficulty I had in attempting to put right a snagged loop of embroidery thread on the cover of an accent pillow;
    • the savoring of sitting for breakfast in a pocket of solitude and sensory delights; and
    • the belly laugh that came from a dictated text message from Meg : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noticing is good for our health and wellbeing....the sensory delights, the belly laughs AND the difficulties.

      Delete