C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Still Dreaming

A few days ago I celebrated the number 3....today's post is brought to you by the number 9.  

On this very day 9 years ago I posted for the first time on this Joyful Puttering Blog. My niece Clarke actually wrote that first post....she was my tech support....and I couldn't have gotten started without her help!  

This was the first image I shared....and Clarke titled the post Dreaming Out Loud

9 years and 3,276 posts later....I'm still dreaming out loud! And I'm so grateful that so many of you have followed me along on this journey. Thank you!

Sharing my paper tube projects was the day two post...and this image has become a bit of a trademark for me....symbolizing so many things I love. 


This photo was in that same second post....and I chuckled when I saw the snowman that I shared just yesterday.  The snowman..by the way...was made by my friend Jane.

In 2015 he was in my bathroom in Lexington....with the paper tube project right underneath.  I love what I love!

I guess I'll keep going for a while longer....because there's one thing I know for sure....there's always joy!

10 comments:

  1. January 3 and year 9 of blogging. Hats off to you, MaryAnn! Thanks for the ongoing gift of joy and puttering and dreaming out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being such a great cheerleader Dotty! I really appreciate all your kind feedback.

      Delete
  2. Yes, please continue sharing your joy and colorful days with us! It's such a treat to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Merri! It's a joy for me too...so I'm so glad it resonates with others.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you! And to think, this is where our friendship started. Lucky me, thanks to you. I meant to write yesterday to tell you 3 is MY favorite (and birthday) number, too. Three is a derivative of nine, so rather perfect, really. I’m not a mathematician so I’m not sure that’s right - I just like how it sounds. 🧐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roseanne! You are such a source of inspiration and support for me, and yes, it's cool that our friendship started here. Of course your favorite number is 3!!! Perfect!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations and thank you for the nine years. I haven't been here since the beginning but I am so joyful I am here now. Cheers to many more joyful posts!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found your way here Kathy. I have enjoyed our conversations and connections and appreciate your comments and kind words of support. Here's to a joyFUL 2024!

      Delete
  5. Happy Bloggerversary! Although I don't recall how I found you, it was the paper tubes posts along the way that caught my eye. Oh, and the tiny stars.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! Tubes and stars....two of my favorites. And I absolutely love star connection I have with you! Makes it all worth it! Happy New Year!

      Delete