C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Woo Hoo!

I loved the morning light....


....and the afternoon winter sun.
Both were enhanced by the silhouettes of the bare trees.

I spent the morning with a new handyman....and I was smitten. Ok...that may be overstating it...and maybe not even all that appropriate. But I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have someone who can help us with things that we either can't do ourselves...can't get to....or just don't want to do. 

I've been looking for someone since we bought the condo over 6 years ago....and I think I finally found the right guy.  I had a list....we checked almost everything off... and Jim is going to create/construct a few simple things I've been wanting for a long time. More on those later.  Woo Hoo!

Then I spent a chunk of time on taxes and paperwork....

...and all I really wanted to do was make Art Hearts. I'm hopeful for tomorrow!

And like I do almost every day.....after dinner I sat at the puzzle table for a few minutes....and smiled as I walked away.

I left the last 20 pieces in the corner for my morning coffee.  I want to finish it in the light of day....but I also know this drives some people crazy.

This puzzle has been amazing!  Woo Hoo!

6 comments:

  1. My predawn walk this morning included the light of the nearly full moon and the camaraderie of a hoot owl. Then, in a short while, morning light!

    Oh boy, can't wait to hear reports of Jim's accomplishments at your condo as he works through your list!

    More art hearts ❤️❤️. I started looking through my stashes of potential heartfodder this afternoon.

    Love that you're saving the final pieces of your puzzle for the light of day and your morning coffee—I totally get it. LOL at your comment that 'this drives some people crazy.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for getting out there for a predawn walk! The owl and the nearly full moon made it extra special!

      So far the list for Jim has been things like replacing a broken light fixture in a closet and assistance with other tricky fixture bulb replacements and other mundane tasks. But there are a few small things coming that will be much more fun.

      Just finished my puzzle....so rewarding! And I can't stop thinking about the 42,000 one you texted me!

      Delete
  2. I really love seeing your puzzles. Where to you get them from? We gifted that puzzle that you and I talked about to my mom and mom-in-law for Christmas. They were both excited to get going on them. Amazon was my hero shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love the puzzles. I look for puzzles everywhere I go. The ones from Philippa come from England. I took an online class from her and met her in person years ago....and I joined her puzzle club for a year. I like to support her art.

      There are a couple stores around here that carry good ones....and I do get them on Amazon....with prime...and free shipping. I have also bought several puzzles from https://eeboo.com/ I'll keep thinking.

      Delete
    2. Another friend has found some nice puzzles at Ollies, of all places. We don't have one near us, so I can only dream. LOL

      Delete
    3. I've never heard of Ollies....so I guess we don't have one near us either.

      Delete