C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, January 12, 2024

Puzzle Post

It got cold enough to freeze the watery edges of the snow....so they transformed into beautiful icy edges filled with shapes and texture. 

The little polka dots stole my heart!


It was mostly a chore day today....so it's a good day for a puzzle post! 

Look what was finished on Margie's table when I visited yesterday!  She loved Jennifer's fabulous wooden puzzle from Swallowfield as much as I did!

This year my niece Clarke did Tiny Christmas for everyone....and I mean that literally.  

Everyone got tiny little gifts....and Margie, her grandmother, got a tiny little puzzle. It's absolutely adorable...and Margie had it displayed on her console.
Margie still has the peace card I made last year....and if you look closely you can see the bluebird that she fussy cut out of a newsletter sitting in front of it.  I was impressed that she even got the space between the legs. Well done Margie! This little grouping makes for a sweet little moment in Margie's apartment.


I'm making good progress on Philippa's art table puzzle.  This watercolor paint palette was fun....it was my starting place.

This puzzle has been a challenge....but I was up for one! 

The second /12 is going to be more challenging...lots of table and similar looking paint brushes. But....I'm up for it!

And the best thing is that I was able to make path from the top to the bottom AND from side to side. These silly accomplishments always make me smile.

3 comments:

  1. I don't assemble jigsaw puzzles often but completed at least three in 2023 (which is the same number I've completed in the past 10 years, I'm guessing!) and, having witnessed your puzzling, MaryAnn, I now join you in celebrating the accomplishment of making a path from side to side and from top to bottom.

    LOVE the ice lace : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well....3 in 2023 sounds just about right for a not so often puzzler. Who knows...maybe 4 in 2024? And if you start celebrating these silly little victories while you work maybe you'll be hooked.

      I'm just so glad I have a spot in my house where my puzzles can sit without being in the way. I love that one is always there....for that 5 or 10 minutes here and there. The whole time I'm working on them...I thinking about colors....textures....and connections.

      Yes....don't you just love ice lace!

      Delete
  2. I love that Philippa's art table puzzle. Very cool! I will have to look around to find that puzzle to take on our next beach vacation (it always will rain at least one day).

    ReplyDelete