C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

I Love To Putter

It's not news that I am easily distracted.  I come across something interesting and I just want to play. I love to putter....because it brings me joy. 

In my search for painted papers to cut up I found an experiment I did a while ago with Woody Stabilo water soluble pencils. I stopped everything...cut it up...and made a little tag.



The process of making the print was simple....and the results were mixed. But when I cut up a so-so piece of art...it becomes an opportunity to create something new. 

To make the paper I spritzed a little water on my gelli plate...drew swirls with the Stabilo pencils....then pulled the print.  The amount of water was the key to success...it was trial and error and I just had to experiment.

When I added a little heart....it became an Art Heart Tag....and I love it. And doesn't it flow nicely from the last tag?  THAT...makes me happy.

Starting tomorrow...I'm going to begin talking about how I might be able to help you with your joyful puttering. Stay tuned.

And by the way....this fantastic Philippa Stanton puzzle is done

...and it was an absolute joy from start to finish!

6 comments:

  1. SUCH a terrific puzzle image! And WOW to your art heart tag. I own a gelli plate but have barely used it. You've got me thinking I just might have to pull it out and give it a go.

    MOST eager to see tomorrow's post. Great cliff hanger message tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...isn't the puzzle fantastic!

      I think my gelli plate is my most used tool. I probably had one for a couple years before I really embraced it. There is just so much you can do with it.

      Delete
    2. I just pulled a print off my gelli plate! Thank you for facilitating my creativity.

      Again : )

      Delete
    3. Oh....I can't tell you how happy that makes me!

      Delete
  2. I've been "borrowing" some of your heart ideas to make a few valentines. I keep thinking, "What would MaryAnn do next?". I'm definitely looking forward to your next post!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Borrow all you want! One of the things that brings me the most joy is facilitating creativity! Yay!

      Delete