C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Something Simple

It was cold today....but the sky was blue and the trees were hanging onto icy chunks of snow that looked a little bit like cotton balls.

I tried simple today with some of my gelli prints....and it doesn't get more simple than punched shapes. This would be a good project to do with kids.     

I couldn't lay my hands on my small sized square punch...but I did find a small octagon. 

Using a glue stick I attached the shapes onto some lightweight cardstock and trimmed up the edges.

I traced/drew as many hearts as I could on the back and cut them out.
I'm kind of smitten with these simple Art Hearts


I got quite a few hearts out of a small collage...
and now I can tuck them in some envelopes.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sometimes simple is just the way to go! I do love the irregular shapes that get created with the blind cutting.

      Delete