C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Opportunity

Anyone who uses a gelli plate for printing knows that sometimes there are as many flops as there are gems.  But a flop becomes fodder....and an opportunity to make something.  It's hard to cut up the gems....but not the flops. So that's what I did today.

I mixed a few other papers in and worked on a spread in my art journal.

I used lightweight fusible interfacing for the substrate allowing me to tack the the scraps in place with an iron. (I always use a piece of release paper as a pressing cloth) The interfacing not only holds the papers in place...but also gives a good base for sewing on paper.

In hindsight....I wish I would have stitched something different than a swirl...been there done that. A grid would have been nice. Next time!


I have several containers of fodder/snippets....things I've made or found that I might want to use in projects.  I came across a catalog starburst I made on Cranberry Island...and a black and white copy of a photo of my mom holding me as a baby that I had colored.  I thought both would work in this spread. I mounted the photo on another gelli print and added part of the quote from yesterday's post. How is it possible that I left the "g" out of both "energy" words. Kind of funny actually.  Another scrappy spread done in this nearly full journal.
  

3 comments:

  1. I so enjoy witnessing where your creative enery takes you as you live this life you have, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dotty! My creative journey is a little all over the place...but it's a joyful journey.

    ReplyDelete