C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

I Spy....

 ....the bluebird in the tree.

I continue to put out dried mealworms every morning...and the bluebirds keep coming. I absolutely love watching them....this photo was taken right after our snowstorm.

But we had a couple inches of rain overnight into this morning....and it got up to 50 degrees so much of the 14 inches of snow is already gone.

The warmer temps made for nice walking this afternoon and I was quite taken with the winding streams of water and the reflections in the puddles. All kinds of fun to spy with my little eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Love the camouflage provided by that bluebird's landing place! Your little eyes did a terrific job of spying it. I wonder what the bluebird population is in my neck of the woods. I only VERY rarely see one here. The few I've seen have been in Maine. We don't put out mealworms so aren't attracting any in that way.

    Aren't reflections just magical?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full disclosure....I actually saw the bluebird fly from the feeder to the tree. We didn't see them the first few years here...but now they are frequent visitors all year long.

      And YES....reflections ARE magical.

      Delete