C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Easter Morning

This had to have been taken on an Easter morning

I'm not sure what year it was...but I look like I might be around 10, which would make my sister LaVonn around 11 and Nancy around 7. 

I remember getting new Easter dresses almost every year. They were often homemade....but every once in a while we got store bought one.  And I have to smile at Nancy's hair. We had one hair bun in the house....and it looks like Nancy was was the winner this particular Easter.  I think all three of us were quite stylish!  

Paul started off his Easter sermon talking about the eruption of Mt. St Helens....and the story has a good message even if you aren't a practicing Christian.

The view at the Easter morning
Sunrise Service at Pine Point Beach.
Paul reminded us how after the eruption there were dire predictions of what the future would be for the devastated landscape around the mountain.  But 44 years later, life has returned....both vegetation and wildlife....and it's thriving. "The mountain, it would seem, has had something of a resurrection."


I was thinking about that story as I took a walk this afternoon and found the snowdrops and crocus thriving that just a week ago were buried in heavy snow and ice. Our ice storm wasn't anywhere near as horrible as a volcano....but it didn't seem possible that there would be signs of life left is these spring blooms after the thaw.  

But these spring bulbs, it would seem, have had something of a resurrection."

Linda asked me about the little red heart that sits on my puzzles....and I thought I would tell this little story again for those who are new to the blog.  I bought it several years ago from Soul Made Goods. I had admired Jessie's hand carved hearts for quite a while and finally ordered one that said joy.  

It landed on my puzzle table when I opened the package....and it's been there ever since.  I love moving it around wherever I am working on the puzzle and it literally makes me smile every time I pick it up.
It's been in my puzzle photographs for all these years....

and it's a daily reminder that joy is often right there in front of you.  

And just as planned....I finished this fabulous artful puzzle this beautiful Easter morning.

2 comments:

  1. I feel a little ping of joy every time I see the joyful red carved wooden heart on one of your jigsaw puzzles ❤️

    Love the photo of you and two sisters in your Easter finery. I, too, have childhood memories of getting fancy for Easter, also in home-sewn dresses, but with the extra haute couture touches of of store bought bonnets and little purses : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about that little heart!

      Thanks for sharing your Easter finery memories Dotty! I wonder if bonnets are a thing anymore.

      Have a great day!

      Delete