C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 4, 2024

Glazing

One of the many topics covered in this week's Watercolor for Relaxation lessons was glazing!  I've done it before....but I didn't know that's what it was called. It's basically just over painting with thin layers of wash...and I think it might be one of my favorite techniques.

And now that I've watched Wendy's videos and seen some of her samples I know so much more....and have lots of ideas for patterns and ways to to play with the technique.  

It was a busy and focused kind of day....but every so often I would find myself pausing at my table working on this Wendy inspired glazing doodle exercise in my watercolor journal. 

I have a ways to go....but the repetitive doodle patterns and fussy painting was really quite fun. It was hard to stop!

I actually did some glazing on this spread a while back....

I just didn't know that's what I was doing.  I just thought of is as a wash upon a wash upon a wash.
At some point I'll finish the right hand spread....
and there will most certainly be more glazing!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! that little bit of fused fabric and those white polka dots! JUST the right je ne sais quoi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I added the whilte dots later to punctuate the fabric. It does make me smile.

      Delete