C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, March 15, 2024

NOW

"Enjoy the space between where you are and where you're going." unknown

I may have posted this quote before....but since it showed up on my social media feed today....it seemed timely after yesterday's post about spaciousness.  Still thinking about that by the way.

The space between is actually NOW....and NOW is what we should be focused on and enjoying!  Dinner and cards with Jay and Janice tonight....so NOW is looking pretty darn good!

It's good when we have company....

it pushes me to dust...and spruce things up. And this time I get to show off my balls for the first time!


I spent several hours over the past few days working on a set of summer matches for Folly 101.  This mindfully mindless project has three phases:  cutting, folding and gluing...and I can do it while I watch TV or listen to a podcast.  Win win!

I think most of these might end up in little hostess gift bags with a candle and a package of napkins for the various color displays around the store.  We'll see.  

Astrid ordered 300 Christmas matches....and it's never too early to get started!   

It's always a treat to walk into this beautiful store to make my delivery. It's different every time and I love to soak in all the colors and textures. It's a feast for the eyes!

If my home wasn't already fully furnished....I would be trading matches for merchandise....which I have done in the past.
Here's a little tour from their Instagram page.

2 comments:

  1. What fun to know that right NOW you, Paul, Jay, and Janice are enjoying dinner and cards together in your dusted spruced up home with your brightly colored hanging balls showing themselves off!

    ReplyDelete