C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, March 29, 2024

One Day At A Time

"How do you do it? said night. How do you wake and shine?  
I keep it simple, said light. One day at a time."  Harry Baker

One of my mail goals today was to make and get a birthday card in the mail to my sister-in-law Alyson. It needed to be creative and unique....just like her.  

Last year I made her an itty bitty bird book that fit inside a matchbox and included photos she had taken of curls in the gardens in her neighborhood.  Alyson continues to love birds....I'm still cutting birds from a bird book she gave me.....and she had given me a little pile of stamps that she had acquired from her grandmother.  So I put the two together along with scraps of this and that and made her a snippet roll birthday card wrapped around an old spool.

(The link above is one side of the itty bitty bird book....and this is the other side.)

The paper on the top and bottom of the spool was cut from the liner paper from an old book. I thought it made for an attractive vintage label.

I glued the snippets on a strip of adding machine paper and did two stitch lines to make things more secure.  

I glued one end on the spool....and stitched a piece of silk ribbon to the other end so it could be tied for closure. Finally....I wrote a little message on the back.
I'm not sure she reads the blog....so I think it's OK to post this.  But Alyson...if you are reading this.....HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!  Here's a little glimpse of what's on its way to Denver. I know you have mastered the art of taking one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment