C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Options

There were almost too many options today....it was hard to know what to do first. But I had been thinking about some palm prints I made last week that I was going to play around with on Palm Sunday.  But the storm was Saturday night...and our power was out on Sunday so everything paused.  

I found this pressed palm in a scrapbook from my highschool years...and I've used it several times making gelli prints.  

It's encased in acrylic paint now...so it may last forever.  

But I decided to work in on one of my big art journals....drew some grids...and played around with some of the palm prints. I'm not the best at collage...but the only way to get better is practice. I worked in a tight color pallette...and put down the first layer with a glue stick.  I tried to keep the rule of thirds in my head all the time.

This was one of my favorite light value papers....

and it was a junk paper where I picked up ghost prints and leftover paint from the plate.  I think I even cleaned my roller on it. Such great textures!

 

  I knew I was missing some darker tones....

...so for the next layer I added a bit of dark blue to all of them.  They were all on deli paper and all had a some sort black paint scribbles on them.  I also added some of this fabulous tissue I got from Roseanne.  Wasn't loving some of them at this point.

Next I added doodles I had one on this green tissue print. I thought a few more black marks would be good. 

Knowing when to stop is not my strong suit.  

But I'm pausing here...and will look at it again tomorrow and see how I can improve them. I think little handwriting writing might be nice....  

....and maybe some birds?  I have lots of options.


This one may be my favorite....I like the simplicity of it and I love this little doodle.  And there's something about a nine patch grid that is just such a pleasing layout.

Do you see what the words say?  "Sincerely Margaret"

No comments:

Post a Comment