C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 18, 2024

Really Big Bowl

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."  Albert Einstein

It looks like spring out the window....but with the wind it still feels a bit like winter.  This frosty straw caught my eye this morning....

....and these sticks caught Paul's eye. He was quite taken with the sand imprint of the sticks just a few inches away.  How in the world did that happen so perfectly? And how did the sticks get moved...so perfectly?

I'm going with that miracle thing on both!

Jim was back....and our cherished pew table is about a sturdy as it can get.  Just in time for another art class with Sally and Ida tomorrow....which I'm calling Tuesday at the Table.  I'm pretty excited to be teaching again...and sharing my stash!  More on that to come

I couldn't be more pleased with all the things Jim has done for us and I'm scheming up a few more.

Our precious butter bowl from Paul's grandmother is back on the table. I oiled it up today bringing out the the lustre of the wood. 


Back in the day....once the butter was churned it would be transferred to the butter bowl to be salted and pressed before storing.  These bowls were one of the most useful tools in an early American home.

Now it's a cherished addition to our home....  and when I need a really big bowl...I have one!
And I needed a really big ball for Paul's baseballs under the coffee table in Lexington. 


I have a thing for bowls.....all kinds of bowls....even little ones.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, you bowl me over post after post! So many miracles stacked up here today, and the big bowl of baseballs has stolen a few bases to win my heart ⚾️ ❤️

    ReplyDelete