C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Imagine

This spring seed puzzle was all finished on Margie's table today.  

I celebrated seed season last fall....but spring is actually seed season too!  So this puzzle is very timely....and it was so pretty sitting on the coffee table.  

I'm actually starting to imagine spring.

I've had a focused...and busy couple of days...so no time for art.  But some quieter at home days are coming....and I've got plans!

But late this afternoon I spent some time going back through some of my collage posts looking for ideas and inspiration....and these are some of my favorites.

This wreath was quite a project....and maybe one of my all time favorite in the end.  

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/04/life-of-its-own.html

A birthday card for Alyson during my torn paper flower kick!


I do love touches gold touches....and the addition of stitch.

 

I ended up being quite fond of these little plant pots....

and this one made from the edges of gelli prints!  I like the simple doodle focal point....and the combo of straight stitch and zig zag.

Then there was all the birds.

I'm going to get back to birds at some point.  I love the birds!



Except for the bird....this whole collage is from one Ethan Allen Flyer.


Collage....can be anything that you can imagine!

At some point soon....it's time to start imagining collage again!

4 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, I didn't know I was going to get a free pass to the MoJaP (Museum of Joy and Puttering) this evening!

    THE BEST!

    LUCKY ME!

    Your art is beautiful and such a lift.

    Loved following the link to your creation of the torn paper wreath. A wonderful story of creative process.

    IMAGINE if we lived next door to each other. I would totally forget to pay bills, make dinner, do laundry. I'd be knocking on your door before sunrise ready to CREATE things. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....you always know just what to day! Your reference to the MoJaP is pretty funny. I use Pinterest a lot for inspiration.....but sometimes it's nice to browse through my own past work...and I did find things I want to revisit.

      Yes...just imagine if we lived next door to one another! I already forget to tend to the chores!

      Delete
  2. Every time I catch up with your blog, MaryAnn, I come away feeling refreshed and inspired! Your creative ideas and love of color are balm for the spirit. I just love your paper creations and everything else you do! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...thank you so much Judy! I really appreciate your kind words about my work. It's all just part of my joy!

      Delete