C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Unpredictable Magic

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." Charles Dickens

Yes....today was one of those March days. The sky was blue and the sun was warm ....but the wind was wicked! 

I thought the sycamore tree in our side yard was especially striking today as it stood still bare from the winter but it also seemed to be soaking in the warmth of the sun on this beautiful...but blustery March day.


I continue to do some painting for the Watercolor for Relaxation class. The class is winding down in a week or so....but my exploration and play is only just beginning.  

One of the most recent lessons was about using various ingredients and methods to give our flat wash watercolor more texture.....and I've been playing with alcohol.  

I know I've used salt and saran wrap to create texture....but I'm not sure I've ever used alcohol.  It's kind of magical.

As I was playing around the drops of alcohol seemed to behave differently every time.....

...and I'm trying to figure out what the right formula is to have it bloom so beautifully sometimes.
But then again....maybe the the joy is found in the unpredictable magic of the mystery. I'm just going to keep playing and fill the page and let the mystery be.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a mantra for tomorrow: just keep playing and fill the page and let the mystery be. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete