C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Spaciousness

There was something about these bare stubby trees with the sunrise in the background that caught my eye this morning.  We do love the morning light.

Another post on LeeAnn Renninger's Instagram page was about spaciousness

We mostly think of spaciousness in reference to a physical space....but she talked about it in relationship to the Japanese practice of Yutori which is a sense of well being that arises by living in spaciousness.  I think it's exactly what I do when I pause to look at something closely....or stop and enjoy the shadows on my dining room wall.  It's giving moments time and space to really appreciate them....and I love thinking about it as spaciousness.

    LeeAnn's shared that spaciousness is

    Taking the time to pause gently during a conversation.

    Arrive early enough somewhere so there is no rush so you can look around and        take things in.

    Being spacious is a very special skill and people immediately know when they are     in the presence of someone who is cultivating it.  

I LOVE the concept....and I'm going to foster it even more in my own life.

Whether it was by accident....or as result of thinking about spaciousness.....I added more alcohol orbs to this page in my watercolor journal....but this time in a physical spacious kind of way.  The page seems to have some breathing room now and I like it.....now is just needs a spacious companion page.

Those larger rings in the bottom right are created by dipping an end of a glue stick into the alcohol and pressing it into the wet watercolor.  More unpredictable magic!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, thank you for opening wide open spaciousness in me this evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be thinking of "spaciousness" in a whole different way from now on!

      Delete