C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Vision

Jim, our handman stopped by yesterday with something he built for me.  He primed it...and I put a finish coat of paint on today...and I'm pretty excited about installing it.  It's something I've been thinking about since we bought the condo 6 1/2 years ago....and I can't wait to see if it matches the vision in my head.

It's clearly a ladder type thing....but do you have any idea what I'm going to use it for?  Here are a few hints:

1. It was inspired by my sister Angie.
2. It will solve a problem because of a decision I made in this condo.
3. It will allow me to display a colorful collection of things I love.

I also worked on my doodle glazing piece today.  It may be done...but the more layers of glaze here and there...the more depth it will have.

Do you see the touch of gold? (I had to take the photo at an angle to turn the light on.)

And that odd shape at the bottom is a cutout covering up a big misstep. Shhhh.

I don't know what happened at the end of February....but I completely forgot about Becky's March calendar page.  She's been traveling....and gets home today...so maybe she'll barely notice that it's late.

Continuing my theme of whatever is on my table...I scrambled to get something in the mail yesterday.  

I had one last piece of a woody pencils/gelli print sitting right there....along with my page of fusible joy tags.  So simple and sweet.....March is on the way!

Welcome home Becky and David!

I'm going to sift through the other things on my table and start working on April's!  

3 comments:

  1. Your doodle glazing piece is MAGNIFICENT! Very eye catching.

    I think I don't fully understand glazing with watercolors yet. I think my brain automatically thinks of a ceramic piece that has one glaze over the whole of it (or a donut, for that matter!, with one glaze over the whole [or the hole hahaha] of it), but are you glazing a green section with green glaze, a turquoise section with turquoise, and so forth?

    Calendar page: perfect! Totally love it.

    SO eager to see what you'll do with your Angie-inspired hand-crafted ladder-thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence on the doodle piece! I did get into my zen place on this one.

      Glazing in watercolor is just thin layers of wash over each other. I started this piece covering the whole page with a thin layer of green. I put as many as 4 layers of glaze on any one little part....and each time the color changed and /or deepened. If you glaze with the same color...it gets deeper and deeper. But if you glaze with another color you get a new color. I really like mixing it up and did both on this one.

      Delete
  2. I can imagine myself getting totally addicted to making paintings of this sort.

    ReplyDelete