C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, April 3, 2023

The Bird Book Cont.

"Spring....a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can truly be." Natural Life

Alyson's Itty Bitty Bird Book started with a late night collage session using bits of scraps from previous projects...and of course the tiny bird cutouts. 

During round two....I added a little paint and a few accent marks...maybe a little too much.  



Here are a few closeups of the last 4 pages on the front.  
I'll share the other side tomorrow.....which I actually like better.


I like how some of the birds cross over two pages.  


And just in case you wondering what spring looks like in Scotland right now.....Susan shared some photos.  They are full on spring there across the Atlantic!


4 comments:

  1. Love, love your little bird book. I’m having trouble finding scissors for fine paperwork. May I ask what you used? And your pink primrose is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the vote of confidence on the bird book! It was a fun project. I do the tiny fussy cutting with a pair of small Fiskars scissors. I'll post a photo of it in the post tonight. It has thin blades and very sharp points for getting into the tight little areas in the bird wings. And the primrose, by the way, lives in Scotland....my friend Susan sent the photo. I love sharing other people's spring!

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Thank you. I can’t wait for the info. I’ve been a lifelong (very long) admirer of primroses and I’m currently trying to expand my garden with some multi colored ones so this was wonderful inspiration.

      Delete
  2. MaryAnn, when I look at your itty bitty bird book creation I am pulled in by (a) your color, composition, contrasts, and texture and (b) the feeling of joyful puttering that went into the making; the joyful puttering is wonderfully palpable!

    —Dotty

    ReplyDelete