C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Delight

Tracie's theme for her booklet was delight!  
Time with my three sisters has been just a delight.

We spent quite a bit of time exchanging stories and reminiscing about growing up on the farm. We played cards....shared good food....and poked around LaVonn's small town of Evansville. Which, by the way....is just charming.


And now back to the booklets.....how delightful is Tracie's cover art!

 Her watercolor piece has a couple cut layers so some of the butterflies could be tucked in and behind the petals.  

So clever!....and I learned at our gathering that it was to cover up a mistake.  A very successful cover up it was!

I was third in line on Tracie's book....and it was during the time I was doing my Ounce of Joy project.  Since handling and sharing my snippets and connecting with readers brought me so much delight....I knew my page had to come from my scraps.


I wove together skinny strips of cut-offs from previous projects...
and tucked in a little handwritten "delight."


During such troubled times this quote seemed especially appropriate....
it has always resonated with me.


Tracie's completed booklet:


Tracie's quote:
"The true delight is in the finding 
rather than the knowing."  Isaac Asimov


Becky's page...and her quote:

Becky had just been to Florida and was 
celebrating the delight she found at the beach.

"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and 
the winds long to play with your hair."  Kahlil Gibran


Brenda's page....and her quote:

This a view Brenda painted of her spring garden...which brings her delight.

"Nature has been for me, for as long as I remember, a source of solace, inspiration, adventure, and delight; a home, a teacher, a companion." Lorraine Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment