C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Dick and Jane

"Think about the best thing you can imagine. That's what my mom was like." Story People

Today would have been my mother's 97th birthday.  

I'm thinking about you today mom! I carry you in my heart....and I think of you every time I tuck a kleenex in my sleeve. 

And it seems fitting....that I spent the afternoon helping my other mom....in her new apartment!  

Do you remember the Dick and Jane books?  Here's a little story...in the style of these vintage books to celebrate Jane's birthday. (By the way....one of my many nicknames is Dick.....short for Dick Doer.)

This is Jane. 

Jane lives at the beach.

Jane loves birds and flowers in all the rainbow colors.


Jane loves rainbow bottles too!

This is Dick.  
She loves the beach too 
and gets to visit Jane's beach sometimes.

Dick likes to make things.
Dick made a card with fabric flowers and a bird for Jane's birthday.
Dick hopes Jane has a happy joyful day!


4 comments:

  1. omg, i no sooner finish reading the charles de lint quotation about everyday magic than i see that you think of your mom every time you tuck a kleenex in your sleeve. YES! SAME FOR ME! my mom ALWAYS had a kleenex in her sleeve!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha.....I love that you have that memory too!

      Delete
  2. Love the card and the matching envelope! Dick really is a maker :) Happy birthday to your heavenly mom.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...that scrapbook paper is turning out to be quite useful for envelope liners. Thanks Kathy!!!

      Delete