C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 28, 2023

GO!

This quote was on Dotty Seiter's blog today....and it was just perfect for my "Go" post.  I have friends like this.....I hope you do too.  

The Go-Aheadness of It All

Here is another thing I like

about a good friendship,

the go-aheadness of it all.

You don't have to knock

to come in the door.

You don't have to ask to look in the refrigerator.

You want coffee?

Pour some.     

            Elizabeth Berg, Range of Motion

You can read Dotty's post here.  Dotty is an artist I have admired for a long time.... am just getting to know.

Early last evening my neighbor Dan called me and shouted "GO OUTSIDE!"  Dan is tuned into the stars and the moon....and the critters and every other interesting thing in the neighborhood.  So when Dad says GO....I GO!

A full rainbow was stretching across the whole neighborhood arching into the woods.  It was spectacular!  And only after looking at the photos did I notice that it was actually a double rainbow!

These are Dan's photos from his yard.


So the lesson here is....when someone you trust shouts GO...you should GO!

I followed the rainbow down the backyards of the condos...it felt like I could get closer to the other end.  

I ended up in Patty's backyard....and there in her garden were the prettiest little white spring blooms glowing in the evening light.  It felt like a little white gold at the end of the rainbow.






4 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, WOW to the double rainbows and the pot of gold at one end! And thanks for your shout-out … such a surprise to find my own name looking back at me when I opened your post : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.....that double rainbow was incredible! Your post was timely for me....just having been to such a friend's house! Thank you. I look forward to our conversation!

      Delete
  2. The rainbow!!! I'm speechless!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete