C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Gardening

I got several lovely birthday cards from friends and family.....they seem to find/make just the right ones that make me smile. I am so grateful to have such thoughtful people in my life!  Thank you!

These thoughts about gardening were on a card from Linda...and the words resonated with me.  Every single line hits home. Linda loves gardening too!

Gardening
It grounds us....gets us out of our 
busy heads and back into our bodies. 
Alone there on our knees, we can breathe.
With our nurturing hands duly occupied,
while gardening we allow ourselves 
the time & space to truly feel
peace, pride, satisfaction, joy.  
Jodee Stevens

I have always loved gardening....and I've had wonderful garden spaces everywhere I've lived. 

But at this point in my life....I'm especially loving my smaller gardens here at the condo.  

In a matter of just a few days I have my little gardens cleaned up with a layer of compost worked in.  All they need is a little mulch and they're ready for the season.  I'm already feeling the "peace, pride, satisfaction, and joy."

And....at my age...I'm also feeling my underused gardening muscles.

I visited Margie this morning....and she is back to puzzling....
and had a garden of her own all finished on her board.

2 comments:

  1. Another revolution around the sun! Happy birthday, MaryAnn!

    From Anne Lamott's novel CROOKED LITTLE HEART:

    Elizabeth sat outside, working in the garden in the late afternoon sun. There was a lot to do, a lot of cutting back and weeding, cutting off dead heads in the rosebushes. You need a garden you can fuss with, she thought. Otherwise, what is the point of having a garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha....that's perfect! And it's so true! I love puttering (fussing) in my garden!

      Delete