C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Not So Obvious Beauty

"Wabi-sabi is not about the obvious beauty of the bloom of life, but it is about the visible signs of a whole life lived and on the brink of disappearance."  Philippa Stanton, Conscious Creativity

There hasn't been time for art.....but it's spring....so there's something new to see and celebrate almost every day.  So the obvious beauty of spring is some of what you get today....and probably tomorrow too.  I hope you like this season as much as I do.

My sister Nancy gave me some blood root several years ago....and I have a nice little clump blooming in one of my little gardens.

These delicate early spring blooms really stand out when most things around them are still brown.

Aren't they amazing when you look closely!


And just when something new comes along...something else shows visible signs of a life lived.....and I'm calling this not so obvious beauty. This handful of shriveled iris petals makes me smile. I actually took them inside and I'm going to watch them shrivel up even more and see how long they keep their color. Philippa Stanton taught me to embrace this process...and I'll never stop collecting....and watching.


The not so obvious beauty "on the brink of disappearance."
I'm smitten!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, so grateful to be pointed in the direction of conscious creativity and the not so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....that makes me so happy. Seeing the beauty in imperfection is a wonderful thing.

      Delete