C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Right Partner

It's good to be home! 

But transitions take time for me....and I've learned to lean into them giving them the time and space they require.  I tried to tackle the clear stuff today like unpacking and laundry....and opening the huge pile mail and the weeding through the endless emails.  And I took a nap.  

One of the best thing about coming home from a trip this time of year is checking out the spring changes.  Many of the trees are leafing out and there is noticeable growth in the gardens.  Spring is most certainly springing here in Maine!

My sweet little Dutchman's Breeches are blooming....almost all of the perennials are peeking through....and the wild ginger is thickening up nicely.  I love spring!


But probably the most heartwarming visual about coming home was this tiny little gesture that Paul knew would make me smile. I had finished the succulent puzzle just before I left and picked it up to take to Becky.  Paul took advantage of the empty puzzle table and put together his 28 piece childhood Pinocchio puzzle to greet me when I came home.


THIS....is how I know I have the right partner.
We're better together!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home, MaryAnn. I have trained my friends not to call until I've been home for a few days after being away; I surely need my transition time upon return.

    About that right partner, from Ann Tyler's BREATHING LESSONS:

    "She seemed to have fallen in love again. With her own husband! The convenience of it pleased her -- like finding right in her pantry all the fixings she needed for a new recipe."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the friend training idea....I think my friends just know. Or maybe I actually did train them. ...? Love the "full pantry with all the fixings" metaphor....just perfect! Thank you Dotty!

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet- what a great guy! Traveling definitely is tiring- but it sure looks like you were missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We need our time and space....but we're better together!

      Delete