C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 7, 2023

Connections

I've been plugging away at this gold foiled puzzle in these fabulous spring colors. 

I started with the pinks....and had to shift gears when the connections from the top to the bottom and side to side were within reach. It's just become a thing I need to do....and it makes me smile every time.  Handling these spring colors has been perfect for my "in between" times. 


I got a surprise email a week or so ago from Jenn in San Diego....someone I didn't know.  She had one of  Laura Meddaugh's "Rooms With A View" that had been tucked away in a box. She did a Google search to find out more about the artist....and my blog came up.  I've talked about Laura several times here...and have a couple of her special little rooms. And by little I mean 2 by 3 inches!  

You can see more of Laura's work here in this post way back from 2015:

Jenn could tell that I loved Laura's work and wanted to gift her art piece to me....I was touched! 

I can't wait to share this story with Laura who I got to know her when I lived in Madison. I have several of her art pieces and they all bring splashes of color to my home.

So now there is a connection from Portland, Maine to San Diego, California to Madison Wisconsin.  Thank you Jenn for your generous gift!


Two of Laura's room with a view live in my kitchen under the jar painting.  I LOVE all my kitchen art.  You can see close-ups of these sweet Rooms With a View in the link above.


And finally I got an adorable Easter card in the mail today from my niece.  

Sandy was one of the recipients of an Ounce of Joy....and she used some of the snippets in the card!  What a sweet little connection. Thank you Sandy!

Happy Easter Weekend to anyone who celebrates it.

No comments:

Post a Comment