C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Second Day

Sometimes I can get a bit paralyzed...or full on stuck with my own stuff....but time away helps me recharge. 

There's something energizing about a change in routine and new scenery. It gets me out of me head....and into my heart....fully present wherever I am. I enjoy the familiarity of family and friends along with new and different activities and adventures.

Becky and I had a delightful day today doing some of the things we love to do: chatting, puttering, and poking around a bookstore and sitting with a pile of magazines and a cup of soup.

Then mid afternoon we gathered with the others in our little art group....Brenda and Tracie...and after a long winter finally traded our art booklets.

As some of you may remember....back in January the four of us started a new shared art project. I introduced it here in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2023/01/planting-seeds.html  If you are interested in shared art I recommend that you read the post so you have a better understanding of what we did. .

We each picked a theme for our accordion booklets and completed the first pages...and they've been making their way around the circle ever since.  Each of us added pages to the booklets in the designated theme...then passed it onto the next person. 

We had a reveal party this evening....and saw our completed booklets for the first time....all at the same time. It was absolutely fabulous! 

While I was working on my pages in each book over the winter I started drafts of posts for each booklet and I'll be sharing them over the next several days once I've added photos of the finished products.  I love shared art!

I loved my second day here in Wisconsin....
and her are just a few things blooming in Becky's gardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment