C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Behind the Scenes

Happy Easter!

This "Strikingly Pleasing" scene caught my eye on our morning walk.  That minty green door, the picket fence along with the Pride Flag blowing in the wind made for an eye catching moment.  Enough so that I took a photo from another angle.  

And as I was looking at both photos this evening....I was struck by not only the colors, but also the pleasing variety of the lines and shapes. 

And this sweet little fairy door along our path was pretty pleasing too.  
It's not more that 4 inches tall....and it made me smile.


I thought I would catch you up on a big event that is happening in our lives. 

Behind the scenes of my joyful puttering Paul and I have been quietly supporting Margie (my mother-in-law) while she made the decision to transition from independent living....to assisted living.  There have been many phases and layers to the process starting with tours and conversations and now sorting and the final packing. 
Paul and I packed up most of the last things today, we will take Easter Sunday off as a day of rest (and travel for Paul) and the move is this Monday, the10th.  

Paul is heading out of town on Sunday afternoon, so with the help of the movers, Margie and I will be managing the transition on our own next week.  But we can do it....we make a good team!
Margie will be moving from her cozy one bedroom apartment into a slightly smaller one bedroom apartment in a new facility less than a mile from where she is now. It's a blank canvas....giving us a chance to rethink...redorate...and restart.  Stay tuned!  It's where much of my creative energy will go next week...and I'm happy to be in a position to help her.  She deserves nothing but the best. 




3 comments:

  1. Good luck to all of you. Wishing many blessings to Margie in her new home. ~ Ida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryann and Margie, that sweet little fairy door—capturing as it does your spunk and emotional spaciousness—makes such an inviting gateway to the adventure of your upcoming week. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete