C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, April 17, 2023

Peace and Justice

Paul and I spent the afternoon with Margie. We do most of our visiting separately....but it's always nice when we're there together.  This was my last visit before I leave for Wisconsin on Wednesday.  

I hung the last section of Margie's living room wall....more peace....justice....and some treasures from around the world.  

"Never, never, and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of another."  Nelson Mandela

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The burgandy piece at the top is from a t-shirt that she loved but never wore....so I mounted it on a canvas for her.  Its says:

"If we are to reach real peace in this world we shall have to begin with with the children."  Gandhi

The fabric piece is one of my art quilts and the carved figures are from Africa.

There is a nice flow from the entryway to the living room....
and it's colorful and eclectic.


I may still do some tweaking....but this space is nearly done.  When I get back we'll put a few things up in the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen.


I have always loved the colors and textures in this art quilt...

and am so glad Margie loves it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment