C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, April 24, 2023

Reflection

I got to meet Max for the first time today....on my 64th birthday!  
Best birthday present ever!  

 

Grandma Becky....and whatever I am to this precious little one.


I was last in line to get Brenda's booklet...so was the first one to see it completely finished. Brenda's theme was reflection.....and probably the most challenging theme for me.  It required some time to mull it over.

It was fun seeing Brenda's cover....it reminded me of the water doodles that Emily and I traded back in 2021.  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/09/water-doodle-exchange.html



Once I found a quote that spoke to me....a concept for the art piece quickly followed.  Sometimes the tough ones turn out the best!

Another chance to practice my hand lettering.....I do like using a couple different styles.
For my art page, I punched squares from some of my own photos to represent how I experience the world around me. Then I made a colorful little fused art piece inserted into the cutout in the center to represent the world within me.  I was tickled how is honored the quote.


I used one of the little hummingbirds from the book Alyson gave me and some skinny strips of fused fabric.



Those of us who were the 4th in line...were the first ones to see a finished book.  So here is Brenda's completed book....on reflection.

            Brenda                       Becky               MaryAnn                 Tracie


Here are the other quotes:

"Upon reflection I often find the parts have as much to 
offer as the whole." (Tracie)

"The toughest opponent that we will ever have to face is the one that stared back at us from the mirror."  (Becky)

Balance, by David J.  
Life is of Motion
Even water itself is healthiest with movement
But stillness
will always be necessary for reflection  (Brenda)


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you all wore stripes for the occasion! That fuzzy headed baby- how sweet! Happy birthday, MaryAnn!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha....yes...stripes seemed to be the dress code. Thanks for the birthday wish Kathy!

      Delete