C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 21, 2023

Patterns

This afternoon....I switched gears and I'll be spending a few days with my sisters. I love it when we're together.  But for this post...I want to start sharing our little accordion books.

Brenda, Becky, Tracie and I were pretty excited to get the boolets back to their original owners.  We had such a good time catching up...talking about art...and all things joy.  AND.....we've already figured out what our next share is going to be.

These pages in my booklet were done way back in January....but I couldn't write about them until now.  

My theme was "patterns"...and my pages are a little wild and crazy.  For my cover I used layers of fused patterned fabric strips topped off with trees from some fun fabric I was using at the time.  

"PATTERNS" at the top was doodled using markers...then cut out and mounted on the background.

This quote is one of my all time favorites!
"They snickered at her life full of many patterns....but she smiled knowing she was only being true to herself."


I planned out my lettering using tracing paper....and I finally squeezed it all in after 2 or 3 tries.  Then I wrote it out in pencil....and went over that with a permanent pen and erased the pencil lines.


Then I got busy with the watercolors and my paint pens.


My pages are colorful and wild....but I was only being true to myself.


My pages are back to back in the accordion booklet....and this is what it looks like when it's opened up....all ready for the next artists.



My booklet has traveled around the circle all winter...and I saw the finished booklet for the first time tonight.  Everyone had a different approach....and the pages flow beautifully.  


This is the quote/word side.


Becky's page.....and her pattern thoughts:

1.  A drawing or shape used to show how to make something.
2. A particular way in which something usually happens or is done.
3. Any regularly repeated arrangement, especially a design made from repeated lines, shapes or colors on a surface.


Tracie's page...and her quote:

"The real function of art is to change mental patterns 
making new thoughts possible."  Jean Duhuffe


Brenda's page....and her quote.

"If patterns exist in our seemingly patternless lived - and they do - then the law of harmony insists that the most harmonious of all patterns, circles within circles will most often assert itself."  Dean Koontz

No comments:

Post a Comment