C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Better Together

Paul's home!  He and I always say..."we're better together."  We both love the trips we take...and we enjoy our time alone at home.....but we're at our best when we're together.  

This week while he's been gone I've been totally out of my routine...and I haven't done very well getting out for a morning walk.

But I was wondering about the spring scilla that we usually watch on one of our routes. So I got my act together and took a walk this morning.

I was almost in tears when I rounded the corner and saw how beautiful it was. 

We generally watch it evolve...from buds...to a few blooms...then on to the big show.  It's kind of like getting ready for a big party... you do it little by little.  But this morning I walked right into the party in full swing.....and I couldn't stop looking.





Margie and I hung her peace wall and a few other things including one of my quilt pieces in her living room this morning.  Well...she directed from her chair...and I did the hanging. We're good together too!


Her peace wall includes Gandhi's Seven Deadly Social Sins,  Martin Luther King Jr's What is Your Life's Blueprint?, a lion and a lamb pewter peace tray, and a poster proclaiming "It will be a great day when our schools get all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."


Everything has meaning and speaks volumes about what's important to her.

 

2 comments:

  1. It all looks very cozy and comfy and Margie appears very happy.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting there! I do think she's going to be very happy there.

      Delete