C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Vintage Spools

I couldn't turn down these vintage wooden spools Margy offered me from her mother's stash....and I enjoyed doing a little arrangement on my table today. 

Thanks for thinking of me Margy!


I've been reading through Philippa Stanton's book Conscious Creativity again recently....looking for nuggets of inspiration for my own creative practice....and quotes to add to my art journal while practicing my hand lettering.  

This passage caught my attention today....and rings quite true for me.

I used the same technique as last time....watercolored stripes with fused fabric in between....this time in black and white.

I think the two Philippa quotes make for a pretty consciously creative spread....tied together with the eucalyptus cutouts.  


I completed the page first...then stitched it into the book.


And speaking of Philippa....here are her vintage spools in her "Colorful Cotton Reels" puzzle that was on my table back in 2021. Philippa is the one who taught me strategies to make a better arrangement.  She is one of my influential teachers....and at some point I may be revisiting some of the lessons learned during the "Consciously Creative" class I took from her back in 2017.  It was life changing.


A note for email subscribers:

Just today I looked at a few of the recent posts in the email version...rather than on the blog itself.  I was surprised at how the larger images were sometimes really oversized and even a bit fuzzy.  I write and format these posts on the blog itself...and have no control how they come across in the email version...which is how most of you read them. So if you are interested in a clearer view and better formatting click the "read on" link at the bottom of those daily emails which will connect you to the blog itself. 

I continue to be so appreciative  to those of you who are following along...no matter where or how you access my joyful puttering. The link to the homepage is: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. Wooden spools! SO evocative!

    I've added Conscious Creativity to my to-read list. Thanks for your mention of it. You mention Philippa's being an influential teacher in your life. YOU have been influential recently in MY life, Maryann, sparking joy and a spirit of puttering as I create. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love these spools! Thank you for your kind words Dotty! I think we have a mutual admiration society going on! Let's both keep spreading the joy!

      Delete